I'm brand new to HTC Incredible. How do I link email from Microsoft OUtlook to my phone?
Need more info. What email service are you using gmail, hotmail, etc. Not sure what you mean by email from outlook to your phone. Do you have the same email address set up in Outlook as well as your phone?
I did it through my gmail account. Here is how.
1) Open your gmail account... or if you haven't be sure to create one.
2) click on SETTINGS in the upper right corner
3) click on ACCOUNTS AND IMPORT
3) In the section "Check mail using POP3:" click on ADD POP3 EMAIL ACCOUNT
4) on the first window enter your email address
5) the next window will be filled in BUT for user name enter your COMPLETE email address, add your password, and server (e.g. mail.domain.com). Your domain server can be found under your "mail setup" tab under Options in MS Outlook.
6) Continue on. When you are finished you can edit the address so it send and replies under the same address or else it will reply from your gmail address.
I am also new to the Droid, in fact it is my first smartphone. I use Outlook 2007 as my main Calendar and Contact Manager. Because of that, and not wanting to switch to Google as my main program for those functions, I found a program named CompanionLink for Outlook. That program is pricey, $39.95, but it does come with a free 15-day trial and I am in the trial period. So far it is working fine and it syncs both ways so I can add things while I am out and Outlook will reflect that after the next sync occurs. (You have control on the interval between syncs.)
You might want to look it over and see if it works well enough for you to justify the price.
I use Outlook at home and have the same needs as you john181818...
If you have a hotmail account already set up you can use Outlook Connector to sync your Calendar and Contacts to the Hotmail cloud...
Once you do thta, download and install the email.apk file (android 2.2 mail client, HTC replaces it with their e-mail client) and you can set up a "Corporate" account that will sync with your phone using "push" from Hotmail.
This is what I use and I can log in to hotmail on a PC, check my calendar/contacts from Outlook at home, and do all of the same on my phone. If I make a change at either location, all of them are updated instantly...
I didn't see your reply before I purchased CompanionLink, so that is what I am using. Thanks for your response, but I didn't see your response in time to try that solution.
Copyright © 2012 HTC Corporation. All rights reserved.