Usually, I am not this dense...however...I'm trying to register my product and can't find the serial number. I've tried every number on the box. Is it the UPC? SAP? MEID? P/N? Which number do they want?
Turn off the phone and take the battery out. Below the battery there is S/N or written Serial Number. That is the number you are looking for.
Alternatively, you can also find the serial number without turning your phone off (HTC Desire HD):
3. About phone (right at the bottom)
4. Phone identity
5. The number you want is titled "Device serial number"
I have the same issue on my Evo 4g, but I'm not seeing an entry titled "Device serial number". Stupid question--if I'm FORCED to remove the battery, that won't affect anything on the system, will it? Sorry, this is my first smartphone and don't want to mess anything up.
I had the same issue with my HTC Evo 4G on Sprint. Just do the following:
1) Power off your phone (no, you won't lose anything!) :)
2) Remove the back
3) Remove the HTC battery (there is a handy "finger hole" on the left for easy removal)
4) The S/N will be found under the fourth (last) barcode. You'll see it begins with "S/N:" Copy that puppy down and save it to your Outlook or email client address book in case you need it again! :)
5) Replace the battery
6) Replace the back
7) Turn on your phone and continue to enjoy the best phone you've ever had!!
Hope you had a Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year!
One last thing Elaine...it is difficult to distinguish between zeros and the letter O when looking at the serial number. My S/N turned out to be zeros, but they looked like O's. When I changed my O's to zeros, HTC was able to find my phone.
For those over 40 who cannot find their magnifying glass, its on the end of the egg-crate package of the Evo 4G.
Extremely poor programming not to include it in a look up table somewhere!
Copyright © 2012 HTC Corporation. All rights reserved.