瀏覽 : 3570
分享

[新聞] Avago Looking to Acquire Marvell – Rumor

一般用戶

等級3

專業鄉民

kenny wang2015-7-18 17:50

這家新加坡的公司avago最近爆紅,下一步是Marvell。

http://www.lightreading.com/components/comms-chips/avago-looking-to-acquire-marvell----rumor/d/d-id/717120

Fresh off of its purchase of Broadcom, Avago is eyeing another acquisition -- that of fellow semiconductor vendor Marvell, Light Reading has learned.A reputable source tells us that Avago Technologies Pte. is looking to make a bid for Marvell Technology Group Ltd. (Nasdaq: MRVL). Marvell is a direct competitor to Broadcom in several key market areas, including home networking and wide area networking equipment. Avago announced in May it was acquiring Broadcom for $37 billion. (See What Will Avago Do With Broadcom? and Avago Seals Deal to Buy Broadcom for $37B.)Avago has been on an M&A binge of late as it also purchased Emulex in February and LSI for $6.6 billion in December 2013, although it divested much of LSI to Intel Corp. (Nasdaq: INTC) and Seagate Technology LLC (Nasdaq: STX). (See Avago Eyes Enterprise Storage With Emulex Buy and Avago to Buy LSI for $6.6B.)Heavy Reading analyst Simon Stanley, who covers the chip market, has not heard the rumor, but notes that Marvell is one fifth the size of Broadcom, so market cap shouldn't be an issue, especially once Avago has Broadcom's buying power under its belt. Yet whereas Avago and Broadcom were primarily complementary, Broadcom and Marvell have significant overlap."If I was a customer I would be concerned about the reduction in competition," Stanley comments. "On the other hand it would help Avago build a dominant position in these markets."Got a hot tip or scoop for Light Reading? Send it to editors@lightreading.com. Anonymity assured (within reason).Real Wireless consult and UltraSoC CEO Rupert Baines hadn't heard the rumor either, but thought it may be too soon following its acquisition of Broadcom.If it is true, however, he says Avago could be following the model of how Cisco Systems Inc. (Nasdaq: CSCO) operated in the 1990s: "acquire; market cap grows by a bit more than the sum of the two, which means they could acquire someone bigger, and the fact [that] you are growing fast means your shares go up more, so you can afford something bigger still."It's lifting yourself up by the bootstraps, Baines says, "but it is a pretty grueling routine, and I am not sure investors would feel comfortable."Avago was spun out of Agilent in 2005. It has a history with Marvell as well. Marvell actually acquired Avago's printer semiconductor business back in 2006 for $240 million. (See Agilent Becomes Avago and Avago IPO's a Go.)Neither Avago nor Marvell responded to a request for comment at the time of publication.

望、聞、問、切,為識病之要道
望以目察,聞以耳占、問以言審、切以指參,明斯診道,識病根源,能合色脈,
檢舉 回應

一般用戶

等級1

路過旅人

lily coliins2022-12-17 12:09

Avago is interested in Marvell's bitlife technology and is looking to assess the company's business model, competitive landscape, and potential future opportunities.

檢舉 回應

一般用戶

等級2

新手鄉民

SHIVAAN2023-1-30 18:54

Awesome and interesting article. Great things you've always distributed to us. Thanks. Just continue composing this kind of post. Cheap office 2019

檢舉 回應

一般用戶

等級2

新手鄉民

arraibqureshi2023-2-1 18:22

Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your blog posts. After all I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again soon! 두리코스

檢舉 回應

一般用戶

等級2

新手鄉民

SHIVAAN2023-2-1 21:15

Positive site, where did u come up with the information with this posting?I have read a several articles on your website now, and I enjoy your style. Thanks a million and please keep up the effective work. broker con leva alta

檢舉 回應

一般用戶

等級2

新手鄉民

arraibqureshi2023-2-2 19:29

Efficiently written information. It will be profitable to anybody who utilizes it, counting me. Keep up the good work. For certain I will review out more posts day in and day out. Best Banquet Halls in Meerut

檢舉 回應

一般用戶

等級2

新手鄉民

arraibqureshi2023-2-7 21:50

Good post but I was wondering if you could write a litte more on this subject? I’d be very thankful if you could elaborate a little bit further. Appreciate it! Poker Siteleri

檢舉 回應

一般用戶

等級1

路過旅人

一般用戶

等級1

路過旅人

Emma Orabelle2023-4-19 12:21

The potential deal is likely to cause concern about a reduction in competition among customers, as Marvell is a direct competitor to Broadcom in several key market areas. tunnel rush

檢舉 回應

一般用戶

等級1

路過旅人

yuna1992023-4-27 17:39

個人也很多威樂遊戲平台,裡面也有超多遊戲種類可以遊玩
我最喜歡的是手威樂遊戲,遊戲畫面整個超級精緻!又好玩!

檢舉 回應

分享